Monday 1 December 2014

On the 1st day of Christmas


Welcome to the first day of Christmas inspiration from your ATDML design team. I'm kick starting the inspiration today, the first day of advent and the day in our house we start the official countdown to Christmas.
 
Having seen many a variety of projects using these Ikea frames I decided to have a go myself. They are so inexpensive at just £1 and with a ring (or two) to hold your pages at the top you can make an easy countdown to Christmas paper craft project.
 

My pages were a mixture of Kraft and White cardstock and each measured 3 1/4" wide by 5" tall.  I decorated them with a mixture of Christmas papers but started with this paper from Websters All That Glitters collection. I also used matching washi tape (as it is light and not too thick) and a set of wooden numbers from my local shop. 


This paper is also fabulous for this project and features a variety of coloured numbers you can cut out and use. The reverse again is a good neutral background colour.

As the frame isn't particularly wide my pages are double sided so you count down from 24 days to 13 days to go, then flip the frame around to countdown from 12 to 1 day to go. You cannot tell from the photos but I gave my frames a gentle spray with some spray sparkle too! The back of this paper is a good small pattern that works well on the pages too as show below. I cut the bottom right image of the frosty bauble into two to cover two pages.


Denise will be back with you on Dec 3rd with another festive project for you #feelingfestive